LIVE ONLINE SESSIONS
Classes have temporarily moved to a virtual environment for 30 days. Interactive demonstrations by the Massage instructor provided by LIVE webcam steaming. Online video conferencing with engaging virtual classrooms between students and instructor. Tests and quizzes are provided and graded online.
All text resources are provided and shared with students by digital PDF’s, documents and emails. Students have access to a private online portal where all classroom material can be downloaded and reviewed. Our comprehensive curriculum covers Anatomy, Physiology, Pathology and Kinesiology.
LEARN 12 DISCIPLINES
For 30 days, massage demos will be provided by live web streaming to students in a virtual classroom. Students are able to interact in real-time, sharing questions and feedback. After 30 days, hands-on massage demonstrations will be held in class, where students will be trained in 12 modalities.
WHY CHOOSE PERSONAL MASSAGE THERAPY?
Alternative health treatments are increasing in popularity now more than ever before, That’s why massage therapy is a billion-dollar industry. Of all the forms of alternative health treatments, Massage Therapy is among the most popular. And healthcare is one of the largest growing industries today.
BE YOUR OWN BOSS
As a trained mobile Massage Therapist, you can work conventions, fairs, trade shows or start your own business providing massage therapy from your home or offer mobile services to your client.
BE A PART OF A
The ever-increasing number of patients and clients from all walks of life who take advantage of the benefits of regular Massage Therapy is the reason that Professional Massage Therapists are in such great demand.
Why Choose Studio Massage Institute?
Our introductory Massage Therapy course
equips you with the skills to achieve
your own goals in mobile Massage Therapy.
Skilled Practitioner with nearly 20 years of experience in
Therapeutic Massage and bodywork
A relaxed setting conducive for therapeutic learning
and instruction, with focused classes of up to 6 students
with a comprehensive curriculum.
Classes include hands-on demonstrations, samples, case studies and online eClasses with live video demonstrations.
Enrollment includes a USB drive with all digital resource
material including charts, eBooks, diagrams and over 10 hours
of meditative music. Also included are all textbooks, printed
material, massage oils and equipment for class demonstrations.
CPR First Aid & AED
American Heart Association Heartsaver® First Aid CPR AED
certification class at a local certified center is included.
Course covers theory and practical instruction in 12 modalities.
COURSE OUTLINE & CURRICULUM
Course covers topics from Massage anatomy, terminology, kinesiology, business laws and ethics, and various massage techniques.
- Professional Ethics for the Massage Practitioner
- Requirements for the Practice of Massage
- The Consultation
- Equipment and Products
- Effects and Benefits of Massage
- Contraindications for Massage
- Endangerment Sites
- Safety Precautions for Therapist and Client
- Maintaining Sanitary Conditions in the Massage Area and Sanitizing Linens
- Basic Massage Movements
- Procedures for Complete Body Massage;
- Face and Scalp Massage
- Heated Stone and Hydrotherapy
- Massage for Nursing Home Clientele;
- Healthcare and Specialized Massage
- Deep Tissue Part I: Basic Deep Tissue Technique & Trigger Point Release
- Deep Tissue Part II Orthopedic & Functional Assessments
- Deep Tissue Part III: Athletics & Sports Massage; Therapeutic Stretching
- Seated (Chair) Massage
- Pre-Natal and Infant massage
- Aromatherapy and Body Wrap
- Anatomy and Physiology Objectives,
- Anatomical Positions
- Medical and Anatomical Terminology, The Regions of the Human Body
- The Integumentary System (Skin)
- The Muscular System, The Circulatory System, Lymph-Vascular System
- The Nervous System, The Endocrine System
- The Respiratory System, The Digestive System, The Excretory System
- The Human Reproductive System
- Kinesiology – Study of Movement and Body Mechanics
- Effects of Disease on Structure and Function of the Body
- Athletic and Therapeutic Massage (Program of Study)
- Athletic Massage; Pre-event, Post-event,
- Rehabilitative, Restorative and Injury Prevention
- Muscle Testing
- SOAP Charting and Records Keeping for Insurance Claim
- Active Assisted, Active Resistive and Passive Therapeutic Stretching
A Course That Fits Your Life
If you wish to learn the basics of massage, you can complete the academic portion of the massage therapy course. If you enroll in the full enhanced course that includes both the Academic & Hands-On Training portions, over 100 hours of hands-on massage therapy training equips you with the skills to become a mobile Massage Therapist.
Tuition and Financing
We strive to ensure our Massage Therapy program is both flexible and affordable. This is why we offer low, monthly payment options for every student. We are committed to providing you with a high-quality education at an affordable price. Make an investment in yourself today.
- Academic & Theory
- If you wish to learn the basics of massage, you can complete the academic portion of the massage therapy course and receive a letter of Academic Achievement.
- Full Course: Theory & Practical
- 300.00 Deposit to Enroll
+ 300.00 balance to be paid within 30 days of enrollment
+ 300.00 balance to be paid within 60 days of enrollment
+ 300.00 balance to be paid within 90 days of enrollment
- If you enroll in the full enhanced course that includes both the Academic & Hands-On Training portions, over 100 hours of hands-on massage therapy training will prepare you to receive your professional training by a certified massage therapy instructor.
- 300.00 Deposit to Enroll
Now Accepting Applicants for Spring 2020
Use the contact form below to submit your request or to inquire additional information. Space is limited.
Schedule: Fri-Sun 6:30pm – 8:30pm
Venue: Leeward Drive, Leeward East