What Is It?
Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation (PNF) and Neuromuscular Stretching (NMS) is a stretching technique utilized to increase ROM and flexibility. PNF/NMS increases range of motion (ROM) by increasing the length of the muscle and increasing neuromuscular efficiency in trained, as well as untrained, individuals. Muscles are gently stretched, while the client resists by contracting the muscle. Your Practitioner will indicate the force of contraction required and this depends on the condition of the muscle.
Benefits of PNF/NMS
- PNF produces the largest gains in flexibility
- Increases joint strength and stability
- Improves vascular circulation and performance
- Strengthens and lengthens muscles
- Enhances coordination
- Superior relaxation of the muscles
View Other Services